Non-Discrimination & Anti-Harassment Policy
Arizona Jr/ Sr Private High School is committed to a strict policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This includes, but is not limited to enrollment, transfers, withdrawal, all school events, programs and employment.
“Harassment, intimidation, or bullying” means either of the following:
- (1) Any intentional, written, verbal, electronic, graphic, or physical act that a student, group of students or staff has exhibited toward another particular student, students or staff more than once and the behavior both causes mental or physical harm to the other student, students or staff; and is sufficiently severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educational environment for the other student, students or staff; or
- (2) violence within any relationship; or
- (3) the above described acts which are electronically generated, stored, or transmitted, sometimes called “cyberbullying”.
Anti-Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying Policy
Prescribe and enforce policies and procedures to prohibit pupils from harassing, intimidating and bullying other pupils on school grounds, on school property, at events, during activities and through the use of electronic technology or electronic communication on school computers & networks that include the following:
1. Pupils, parents and school employees are able to confidentially report incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying. Arizona Jr/ Sr Private High School shall have available written forms to provide a full and detailed description of the incident and any other relevant information.
2. A requirement that school employees report in writing suspected incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying as well as a description of disciplinary actions for employees who fail to report suspected incidents that are known to the employee.
Arizona Jr/ Sr Private High School will provide all pupils with a written copy of the rights, protections and support services available to a pupil who is an alleged victim of an incident reported.
3. An investigation will be carried out by Arizona Jr/ Sr Private High School in incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying.
Including notifying the alleged victim and their parent or guardian when a school becomes aware of the suspected incident.
Arizona Jr/ Sr Private High School shall maintain documentation of all incidents reported.
Arizona Jr/ Sr Private High School shall not use that documentation to impose disciplinary action unless the incident has been investigated and determined that the reported incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying occurred.
4. There will be disciplinary actions for pupils who have admitted or been found to have committed incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying. Also consequences and disciplinary actions for submitting false reports of incidents of harassment, intimidation or bullying.
5. These procedures are designed to protect the health and safety of pupils who are physically and mentally harmed as the result of incidents of harassment, intimidation and bullying. Including, if appropriate, contacting emergency medical services or law enforcement agencies, or both.