Arizona Jr/Sr Private High School
Outreach Specialist – Phoenix Area
Outreach Specialist – Northern Arizona (Camp Verde, Cottonwood, and Prescott)
Job Description: Outreach, Retention, and Recruitment Specialist
Department: District Office
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Supervisor: Business Manager
The Outreach, Retention, and Recruitment Specialist will oversee and coordinate outreach efforts for Northern Academic Services DRP program and Arizona Jr/Sr High School. Under minimal to no direction promote the DRP and Arizona Jr/Sr High School to local area schools, community members, and agencies for student recruitment purposes on a daily basis. Participate in the development and implementation of the enrollment process and completion of success steps for prospective students. Develop and implement outreach efforts to multiple targeted groups and areas. Brainstorm potential partnerships and maintain a calendar for outreach events. The position is required to participate in community events in effort to market the program.
Student enrollment and retention efforts will be evaluated based on enrollment, retention, and student attendance. Key responsibilities will include any duties as needed and as directed by their supervisor.
- Coordinate and participate in outreach activities for the purpose of recruiting students for Arizona Jr/Sr High School and Northern Arizona Academic Services.
- Uphold all local, state, and federal regulations and policies governing schools.
- Traveling to outlying areas for student recruitment for AZ Jr/Sr High School and Northern Arizona Academic Services.
- Picking up and dropping off student packets in a central location or student places of residence.
- Managing student services such as guidance programs, college applications, FAFSA applications.
- Coordinate with College and Career Centers to provide specific support for underperforming and underrepresented students with college options and financial aid, including assisting with FAFSA and scholarships.
- Orient new students and parents through the school outreach program and various guidance services, to assist with transition planning from traditional school to AZ Jr/Sr High School and Northern Arizona Academic Services.
- Knowledge and ability to support and promote the Adult Program (includes sign-up and receive payment).
- Take responsibility and use tact and good judgement in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Demonstrate skill on a variety of computer applications, including sord processing, database, spreadsheets, and academic platforms.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Conduct the enrollment process for new and returning students
- Perform responsible and difficult clerical work with accuracy, speed, and minimal supervision
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and cope with frequent interruptions with ease.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt and effective course of action in a timely manner.
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, friendliness, poise, and firmness.
- Conduct support meetings with students to re-engage and retain.
- Maintain building appearance.
- Meet with parents and/or guardians to discuss their student’s progress.
- Tutoring provided to students within the outlying areas.
- Enforce all policies and rules for all students.
- Completing any additional duties in a timely manner.
- Travel up to 50%
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED or
- Preferred Associated Degree in Business or Marketing or related field from an accredited institution.
- Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Ability to work independently with all levels of community members.
- Previous experience in an educational field or business field.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Bilingual is highly preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Company vehicle is provided (must use responsibly, keep clean, and keep up with vehicle maintenance).
- If the candidate meets all company requirements.
- Clean Driving Record
- Health Dental and Vision